- Consent Text
- Additional Notes
- Regulation 5 of the Sharing of Information Regulations
- UI Implementation
I, [name of individual], consent to [name of company] and Baldor Technologies Private Limited collecting my [names of identification documents] and storing and using the same for the purpose of [insert purpose]. I understand that the submission of my Aadhaar number is not mandatory and that I may submit any of the following in its place: [name alternate documents].
I, [name of individual], consent to [name of company] and Baldor Technologies Private Limited collecting my [names of identification documents] and storing and using the same for the purpose of [insert purpose].
Kindly note the following in relation to the consent text suggested above:
- The consent of the individual concerned must be obtained prior to the collection of any identification documents from them
- We suggest the Company ensure there is some mechanism in place that can be used to record the consent provided by an individual, such that it can be retrieved and referred to for evidentiary purposes at a later time, if required
- The consent text above relates only to the collection, storage, or use of identification documents for the purposes specified therein, and may not be interpreted to mean a general consent for any other purposes
- We invite the Company’s attention to the provisions of the Aadhaar (Sharing of Information) Regulations, 2016 (the “Sharing of Information Regulations”), and specifically, to Regulation 5 thereof, which relate to the collection, storage, and use of Aadhaar numbers for purposes other than authentication through the UIDAI
The responsibility of any agency or entity other than requesting entity with respect to Aadhaar number -
- Any individual, agency or entity which collects Aadhaar number or any document containing the Aadhaar number, shall:-
- collect, store and use the Aadhaar number for a lawful purpose;
- inform the Aadhaar number holder the following details:-
- the purpose for which the information is collected
- whether submission of Aadhaar number or proof of Aadhaar for such purpose is mandatory or voluntary, and if mandatory, the legal provision mandating it;
- alternatives to submission of Aadhaar number or the document containing Aadhaar number, if any;
- obtain consent of the Aadhaar number holder to the collection, storage and use of his Aadhaar number for the specified purposes.
Such individual, agency or entity shall not use the Aadhaar number for any purpose other than those specified to the Aadhaar number holder at the time of obtaining his Consent
- Such individual, agency or entity shall not share the Aadhaar number with any person without the consent of the Aadhaar number holder
The consent of the individual concerned must be obtained prior to the collection of any ID documents from them. The user should be allowed to upload the documents only after he/she provides consent. Sample implementation for mobile -